Metal Roof Myths: The Real Value of a Kassel & Irons Roof
October 27, 2021
A common myth about metal roofing is that it costs more than other roofing materials. Especially asphalt roofing.
A Kassel & Irons metal roof usually costs more than an asphalt roof at installation. However, the total investment is less over time, based on energy savings, low maintenance, long-life, and home value
Let’s bust the myths in 4 key areas compared to true roofing costs.
Asphalt roofing offers no energy savings.
- Special reflective finishes on our metal roofing push the sun’s heat away from your roof, reducing heat gain.
- Proper ventilation with a metal roof manages heat and moisture that builds up in your home.
- New England homeowners with a metal roof receive energy cost savings of up to 30% per year
Asphalt roofing requires frequent repair and upkeep costs, including yearly inspection.
- Our metal roofing is maintenance-free.
- The warranted protection of the largest, most exposed area of your home includes weather resistance and an entire system of durability.
- Our roofing products maintain their beauty and strength for a lifetime.
Asphalt roofs need to be replaced every 15 – 20 years; multiple installations can cost 2 to 4 times the price of a permanent metal roofing installation today.
- Our metal roofs are warranted to last 30 – 50 years.
Asphalt roofs begin deteriorating the day of installation. Curling, fading, loss of granules, and streaking all detract from the attractiveness of your home and the performance value of your roof.
- The curb appeal of a beautiful metal roof 30 years old, is unmatched.
- Homebuyers appreciate the fact that a transferable warranty will carry the beautiful roof into their future for decades to come, without the need for a costly replacement.
It is a myth that a metal roof is more expensive than an asphalt roof. In the long run, you will invest in your home for a lifetime and not spend money on maintenance and replacement costs.
When you’re ready to talk about a permanent roofing solution for your home, we’re here to help.